RFP Posted: December 17th, 2019
Responses Due: Proposals accepted on a rolling basis with a Priority deadline of January 3rd and a deadline of January 10th
Project Completion by June 2020.
Up to $50,000
The Alliance for Youth Action —a youth-driven social justice-loving national non-profit — is looking to scale up its digital organizing capabilities heading into the 2020 election cycle and beyond. We are looking to:
1. Evaluate digital capabilities across our Affiliate network.
2. Provide actionable and scalable digital actions Affiliates can take to bolster their existing issue and electoral programming within budget constraints.
3. Pilot small- scale digital organizing actions and campaigns across our Affiliate network.
SCOPE OF WORK
We are looking for a team to:
1. Work with the Alliance and our Affiliates to assess our existing digital organizing programs and make recommendations for strategies that can be executed and scaled on limited budgets. This should include:
– A detailed audit of each Affiliates digital reach, staffing, voice, gaps and potential opportunities.
– Recommendations and broad wireframe plans for each Affiliate to cost-effectively increase and strengthen their digital organizing capabilities.
2. Assist Affiliates in building and executing small scale trial run digital campaigns per audit results and recommendations. This could include:
– Helping craft campaign plans and outlines
– Creation of digital petitions and ads
– Assistance in developing targeting
– Assistance in buying ads
WE’RE LOOKING FOR EXPERTISE IN:
– Working with organizations on building compelling and effective digital organizing programs and campaigns from scratch.
– Experience in developing digital plans with long-term budget constraints.
– Familiarity with voter engagement, elections, and campaigns preferred.
– Experience with digital campaigns that build-off and link to existing on the ground organizing work.
We are especially excited to collaborate with people and teams who share our values for inclusive, social justice work and those who have experience working with nonprofits and/or folks with limited technical capacities.
1. Comprehensive and individualized digital audits for each Affiliate;
2.Recommendations and broad plans for each Affiliate on how to integrate digital organizing
3. Building out small scale digital campaigns for each Affiliate to build upon the results of digital audit.
Phase 1: Jan-Feb 2020
– Kick off meeting(s) with Alliance/network partners to identify goals, needs, feedback, technical considerations, project process, etc.
– Gather inputs for comprehensive digital audit
– Conduct network wide digital audit- (11 individual audits)
– Summary/recap of network audit
– Broad digital plans for each Affiliate
Phase 2: By end of Q2 2020
– Creation of small-scale digital organizing action/campaign for each Affiliate that conclude by the end of June 2020.
– Execution and evaluation of campaign impact
As listed in the summary, we have budgeted up to $50,000 for this project. While we prefer the most cost-effective solution, all proposals that fall reasonably near this range will be considered and weighed based on their merits.
DIGITAL ORGANIZING PROGRAM GOALS
While each of our Affiliates target different geographies and have differing issue and electoral aims, they have each worked to make politics more approachable and inclusive for young people. The overall goal of this project is to lay the foundation and better integrate digital organizing into their overall work.
This work should reflect the individual voices and values of each organization and take into account existing local landscapes, limited and at times unpredictable budget and staff capacities, and initial hesitancy surrounding digital organizing effectiveness.
The Alliance is focused on engaging with young voters in the 18-34 year-old age range but frequently engages high-school age young people and heavily focuses on the 18-24 age subset. Alliance Affiliates engage young people where they are, whether in the community or in school.
The Alliance for Youth Action is a network of independent and locally youth-led c3/c4 social justice organizations who are primarily focused on harnessing and expanding the power of young people.
Each of our Affiliates engages in sustained movement building and organizing by registering young voters, conducting leadership development trainings and fellowships, and engaging in local, state and federal issues important to young people. While the Affiliates excel at a number of organizing tactics, digital organizing has not been at the forefront of the Affiliate’s organizing programs.
The goal of this “digital organizing pilot” project is to lay the groundwork for a scalable and sustainable integration of digital organizing into Affiliate programming.
We envision a digital audit and evaluation with each of our 11 Affiliates to better understand the state of their current digital organizing capabilities, including gaps and growth potential opportunities. We hope that this will better inform the creation of digital organizing plan wireframes for each of our Affiliates, taking into account limited dedicated digital budgets.
Additionally, we want to support initial small-scale “test-run” digital campaigns for each of our Affiliates. We believe that these small scale campaigns will help demonstrate the power of digital organizing to amplify and turbo-charge the already existing programming.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
– Overview of your practice (organization, company, independent work, etc.), including a brief introduction to you/your team.
– Overview of how you would approach addressing the needs outlined in this RFP.
– Proposed budget for each phase of this project.
– Portfolio of at least 3-5 examples of similar projects/case studies that demonstrate your digital organizing expertise in political and issue-based settings.