The Social Media Manager is a short-term, temporary role designed to implement the Alliance’s social media efforts while the Alliance’s Digital Director is on sabbatical. This role will manage the Alliance’s social media channels, design digital communications graphics, and collaborate with the Communications Team to advance current campaigns.
About Alliance for Youth Action
The Alliance convenes, supports, and scales a national network of youth-led, locally rooted organizations growing civic engagement and social justice coast to coast. We truly are a multiracial network “of young people, by young people, for all people.” Our Affiliates and Partners run massive voter registration and get-out-the-vote drives, train new young leaders, and run powerful campaigns to win on the progressive issues our generation cares about most. Our national team empowers this work by tracking down national resources for the network, building capacity for local groups, seeding new efforts, and coordinating national issue campaigns.
- Manage the Alliance’s social media channels – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. This work includes the following:
- Regularly engage with social media audiences by commenting on posts, sharing content, replying to comments, and replying to Direct Messages.
- Uplift Alliance Network and partner content.
- Collaborate with departments to post content related to their work (for example: fundraising efforts or job postings).
- Maintain and update social media calendar in alignment with the Communications calendar.
- Design graphics for social media and other digital media use as needed.
- Join and participate in team meetings and brainstorming sessions with the Communications Team. This includes a weekly check-in with the Senior Director of Communications, a bi-weekly Communications Team meeting and a Creative Brainstorm Meeting.
Key Qualifications and Experience
We’re looking for candidates with the following strengths and interests:
- Experience or familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Knowledge of best practices for social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Experience with Canva or other graphic design programs
- Excellent at creating compelling social media copy
- Able to collaborate with team members
- Organized and strong attention to detail
- Creative and willing to think outside the box
- Interest in civic engagement, voting rights, and youth activism
- Commitment to equity and inclusion in content and as organizational culture
Timeline: This is a temporary role working 10 hours a week for 12-weeks with an anticipated start the week of March 27th, 2023 and end the week of June 12th, 2023. Please note this temporary position is at-will and there is no guarantee of further employment after 12 weeks.
Compensation: Total compensation will be $9,000 over the 12-weeks, paid on a semimonthly basis minus applicable taxes and withholdings.
Benefits: This role is ineligible for Alliance benefits.
Location: This is a part-time position. The employee may be based out of any of the following states: CO, DC, IL, MD, MN, MT, NY, OR, TX, VA, WI. All positions at the Alliance are remote until further notice due to COVID-19.
The Alliance for Youth Action is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment. People of color, people with disabilities, people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities are encouraged to apply.
Please apply here and submit a single pdf document including the following:
- Resume and/or list of clientele
- Social media portfolio
- A list of 3 references
Send questions to email@example.com
PRIORITY DEADLINE TO APPLY IS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17th