Today, we’re celebrating Dakota’s one-year anniversary as our Executive Director at the Alliance! Dakota leads us with the belief that through the power of youth organizing, we can create a liberated community. And under his leadership this past year, we have strived toward that vision.
Celebrate Dakota’s First Year with a Donation
We invite you to join us in celebrating Dakota’s first year of leadership at the Alliance with a donation.
From now until the end of the year, your donation to the Alliance for Youth Action will be matched through the Power Progress campaign. For every dollar we raise, it will be doubled – that means double the power.
Help us reach our $10,000 goal!
Accomplishments Under Dakota’s Lead
Here is just a glimpse of what we’ve accomplished under Dakota’s leadership in the past year:
- Supported Alliance Network youth organizers to mobilize young people at historic rates to show up in the midterms, exceeding expectations and beating the odds.
- Uplifted the incredible on-the-ground work from youth organizers in our network through op-eds, press, podcast interviews, and more. Check out this Democracy Docket op-ed and MTV segment.
- Moved more than $6 million directly to local organizations and helped facilitate another $4.6 million to scale their program to turn out young voters to elect candidates and pass ballot initiatives that take action on the issues young people care about most.
- Hosted our first in-person convening in 3 years for senior staff at local youth-led organizations in the Alliance Network to strengthen their on-the-ground electoral and issue organizing in their communities.
- Provided the Alliance Network with a public health consultant to return to organizing in person across the network safely.
- Sent Alliance national staff across the country to support the Alliance Network in getting out the youth vote.
Share on Social Media
Share these posts honoring Dakota’s leadership on social media to help us reach our goal!
Joy and celebration are so important in our movement. And with you cheering us on in the years ahead, we’ll be able to muster even more energy to fight for the issues young people care about most.
To this new era of leadership building youth power in the years to come!