Thanks to the work of student debt advocates, many of them in the Alliance for Youth Action network, the Biden Administration delivered on their campaign promise to cancel federal student loan debt. Back in August, President Biden announced that the administration is providing up to $10,000 in federal debt relief and up to $20,000 for Pell Grant recipients. Now applications for student debt relief are officially open!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Individuals that made less than $125,000 in 2021 or 2020 and families that made less than $250,000 in 2021 or 2020 qualify for student loan forgiveness. More Info on qualifications here.
- The application is very simple! You only need a minute or so to complete it, and you can fill it out on your phone or a computer.
- You don’t need to log in with an ID or upload any documents.
- It’s available in English and Spanish.
- Once you’ve completed the application, you will receive a confirmation email. Save that email! It will be helpful to reference once your application is processed.
- Read more information about the one-time debt relief provided by the U.S. Department of Education (ED) as part of the Biden-Harris Administration student debt relief plan.
You can complete the application for student debt relief right now! Go ahead, we’ll wait right here for you. 🙂
Share the information on social
Now that you’ve applied for student debt relief, share the information with your friends! Share our posts from Instagram and Twitter to let your friends know they can apply for federal student debt relief right now!
Thanks to youth advocates for student debt relief, 40 million people are now eligible for student debt relief, and 20 million people could have their federal student debt wiped out completely. While this is a huge win, we have a lot more work to do to ensure all people can access higher education.
Keep inviting your networks to join the Dreams Not Debt campaign so we can continue taking action around affordable education and ending the student debt crisis.