The time has come to usher in new leadership here at the Alliance.
After four incredible years at the Alliance for Youth Action, I will transition out of the organization later this year. It has been an incredible honor and privilege to serve as the Alliance’s Executive Director and I’m so proud of what we’ve accomplished.
- Growing the network to expand in more communities, centering more young people of color.
- Pushing more money to field organizations and young organizers than we ever could have imagined.
- Uplifting our growing network of youth organizers who are building the country we all want and deserve 365 days a year by registering hundreds of thousands of young voters, training thousands of young leaders, passing laws, and pushing candidates on the issues young people care about most.
- Shifting the narrative on the youth vote and youth organizing.
- Building an incredible team that continues to innovate, inspire, and drive the work forward.
As a product of the investment in youth leadership, I know the importance of making room for new leaders and new ideas. This year is a great time to transition leadership as we continue to build a future that is centered in love, joy, justice, and liberation.
So, I encourage you to do a few things:
- Share the job posting. Be sure to share the Executive Director job posting with your network. We want to cast a wide net and be sure we attract candidates who will bring new ideas and energy to the organization.
- Fuel the movement. The Alliance Network works 365 days a year knocking doors, texting our lists, and contacting millions of our peers to turn up and turn out in ways that are authentic and powerful. We invest in young leaders and strengthen the capacity of their organizations to do this crucial organizing. Consider becoming a monthly donor to help us continue to build for the future.
- Stay tuned. Of course, this won’t be the last time you hear from me before I go. I can’t wait to share with you what I’ve learned.
The Alliance is in the strongest place in the history of our organization because of the network of innovative and badass youth organizers, skilled and dedicated staff, and a smart and strategic board of directors. I am confident that we have set the organization up for a thoughtful and successful transition.
I look forward to updating you along the way. Now, I’ve got to get back to work!
With deep gratitude,
P.S. I couldn’t be more proud of all that we accomplished in 2020. Be sure to check out our 2020 Annual Report: Joy, Resiliency, Innovation we released last week!